Option button does not work, other 3 do HotSprings Envoy

Conversation related to the service and repair of Hot Spring, Tiger River, Hot Spot, and Solana spas.
Forum rules
Electricity is dangerous, it can kill you. Always turn off electricity before removing any equipment doors. All text in this forum is for informational use only, we provide it to assist people that want to repair equipment themselves. We always recommend having work done by a factory trained professional.
AussieGuy

Option button does not work, other 3 do HotSprings Envoy

Post by AussieGuy » October 1st, 2017, 2:41 pm

Hello

I have the above spa, 220v model in Australia. S/N.KKEIR5021

Has been turned off for many months, while I got one of the main pumps repaired (bearing failure imminent).

2013 model, has the 'dogbone' control panel. A red padlock symbol is constantly on, the power light is blue on front of spa, the green ready light blinks.

The small circulation pump is working, the jets work, the lights work, the Back Button, the Lights Button and the Jets buttons all work. The soft button s that sit next to those three also work.

The spa has heated itself to around 31.0 C... I understand on initial fill and warm up it should go all the way to 38 C. 31 may reflect what we had the spa set to, the last time it was fully operational. I cannot set temps or use level because they all get set via the Option button. Water Care ( I have the A.C.E system installed) is not able to be operated.

I have only filled the spa with water, have not added salt at this time. I have cycled the power a couple of times, I have simultaneously held Option and Light buttons to 'unlock' the panel, but to no avail. The control panel is not locked technically, as the other three buttons are responsive.

Help!

Chris, from Australia.

Amos

Re: Option button does not work, other 3 do HotSprings Envoy

Post by Amos » October 1st, 2017, 3:50 pm

Chris,
The blinking ready light is usually a error with the temperature thermistor, however, it is also used as an error message that you are having a communication problem between the topside and the main board, since you are having other issues with the topside I think that is what you are dealing with. If you are comfortable opening up the equipment area I would visually inspect the cable from the topside to the board, make sure there is no corrosion on the plug, no rodent damage on the cable, etc. If you get no resolve there I would suspect you have a bad topside (part number 76844). If you have a secondary remote topside I would also try unplugging that. Hope this gives you somewhere to start.

AussieGuy

Re: Option button does not work, other 3 do HotSprings Envoy

Post by AussieGuy » October 1st, 2017, 4:03 pm

Thanks Amos. That makes sense.

Regards

Chris.